- Every policeman is duty bound to ensure that
women are treated with due respect. There is no
exception to this rule.
- In cases, where a woman is complainant,
police will make enquiries and investigations
expeditiously and arrest the accused
- When an occasion to arrest a woman or to
interrogate a woman witness arises, it is
binding upon the police to keep a woman police
- If a woman is accused, she shall be treated
with dignity, irrespective of the nature of the
- Normally, neither women be arrested, nor
called to a police station between sunset and
sunrise. However, under exceptional
circumstances, if it is necessary to arrest them
or call them to a police station, it is binding
upon the police to allow their relatives to stay
- Accused women are to be kept in the cells
specially reserved for them. If there is no
separate room for them, they are to be kept in
the visitor's room.
- A rape victim may ask for her medical
examination to be conducted by a female doctor.
- She can also choose to give her statement to
lady police personnel. As far as practicable, a
lady police officer shall be deputed for this
job. If it is not possible, it shall be ensured
that some local women must be present at the
time of registration of FIR and recording of
- Nashik Gramin Rural Police is committed to
provide a decent treatment to all the citizens,
especially women. Any aberrations must be
brought to the notice of senior officers.
Atrocities Against Women
Atrocities Against Women: Social Security Committee
- For the prevention of atrocities against
women, social security committees have been
established in all the Police Cornmissionerates
and district headquarters in Maharashtra.
- Once in a month this Committee takes a
review of atrocities inflicted on women, if any.
Sensitive cases, involving women are taken and
proper measures are evolved to prevent these in